StudentThe Student Visa (Subclass 500) allows you to remain in Australia for up to 5 years for the purpose of full-time study in line with your enrolment.
Student visa (Subclass 500)
The Student Visa (Subclass 500) allows you to remain in Australia for up to 5 years for the purpose of full-time study in line with your enrolment.
With this visa you can
- participate in an eligible course of study in Australia
- travel in and out of Australia
- work up to 40 hours every 2-week period once your course starts
- Be enrolled in a course of study and provide evidence, such as Confirmation of Enrolment (COE)
- Meet English language requirements
- Have adequate health insurance, such as Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Have enough money for your stay
- Be a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE)
- Meet character requirement
- Meet health requirement
This is a temporary visa to study up to 5 years. Primary school children enrolled in years 1-4 can only be granted a student visa for a maximum of 2 years.
To continue studying in Australia, you must apply for a new Student visa. If your Student visa will expire before your graduation you might be eligible for a Visitor visa (subclass 600). You will need a letter from your education provider with the date of your graduation. If you hold or held a student visa and completed specific qualifications in Australia in the last six months, you might be eligible for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485).
Source from Department of Home Affairs
Last update 7 April 2020